Find postgraduate teacher training from 5 October 2021, on https://www.gov.uk/find-
When you apply you’ll need these codes for the Choices section of your application form:
- Training programme code: 22BV General Primary 5-11 (Fee paying)
- Training programme code H544 Primary 3-7 (Fee paying)
- Training programme code AT92 General Primary with PE 5-11 (Fee paying)
All applicants who meet the entry requirements will be invited to attend a selection event.
The selection process a written literacy task and an individual interview with members of MAITT. Details to support preparation for the event are sent to successful applicants along with an invitation to attend. Our selection and interview procedure will also give applicants further information about our programme and provide an opportunity to meet our friendly staff team.
An applicant’s performance in each part of the selection process is assessed and a final decision is made, based on a judgement of performance across the day. Applicants are normally informed of decisions within 24 hours.
Applicants will be assessed for their:
- Relevant subject knowledge for Primary teaching and their interest in and enthusiasm for teaching the 5-11 age range
- Ability to successfully engage learners and to make learning exciting and meaningful to children in a range of contexts
- Commitment to supporting learners, including in areas of challenging social context
- Enthusiasm, energy and resilience and ability to work with others in teams
- Potential to work successfully at Master’s level.
Applicants are asked to bring evidence of GCSEs in English, Mathematics and Science with them to interview, along with degree certificates if they have already graduated
Interviews being held weekly